Friday, July 31, 2015

Week 2

Letter from Elder Auger


here are some things i did this week:

We had a really awesome firesided over the internet from Russel m ballard, and he said that whenever you are having a hard timne take your thoughts back to joseph smith in liberty jail, and how hard that was fror him, really made me appreciate how good we have it. I also recited the first vision in spanish for the first time to a mock investigator and it was awesome. sunday consists of the sacrament and singing, I have gotten to play the piano for a couple meetings which was awesome. I also gave a lesson to our district on perserverence this week and i taught them about diligence, i shared the F2TF story about tyler smith and they loved that, so we wrote F2TF on the board.

Because I want elder beard to be able to say the first vision, I had to motivate him a little extra, so yesterday I asked him if he wanted to fast until he had it memorized (He has been struggling to do so) and he said he wanted to learn it, but not that bad HAHA so I finally told him that I wasn't going to eat until he memorized it, so i didnt eat dinner last night. He is a pretty kind person and didnt want me to suffer, so When we woke up this morning he could say it to me perfectly. I credit this tactic of motivation to my dad, thanks pops.

We went to the store this week and i bought a new tie and some candy, that was fun. I got a haircut during p day, and to answer the question about how the schedule goes for p days, we get up at 6:30 eat breakfast, study for an hour, then go to the temple for like 4 hours, its awesome, today we did a session and initiatorys. sweet. then we get like 4 hours to clean, have gym time, take a nap, and only 40 mins to email. ugh. I have been playing a lot of fooseball, only one person beat me, and he barely did so, he is a teacher here, which all of our teachers are from the DR- steph. I have been writing in my journal every night i havent missed a day yet!

The most home sick thing that happened to me this week was on sunday night we watched meet the mormons and it killed me, The last story about the missionary and his mom got me TOO emotional, but Im good, Elder Beard and I just had a little pity party back in our room for like 10 minutes then we were good :)

All the guys in my room like to sing, we recorded ourselves singing an acapella song and it was rad! Things are still exciting here in the MTC, I just want to get out in the field though, I can never understand people when we go to the park because our teachers speak so slowy and simply for us, But we have only been here 2 weeks so its alright.
The Lord Is good, and i have seen tender mercies just about every day, our district leader elder affleck asked us to start praying specifically for everyone in our district and it has helped.
I know this church is true, and although i miss south weber my family and friends, I am so glad to be where I am right now.

Muchos amor,

ELDER AUGER





No comments:

Post a Comment